Nov 03, 2016 LPARC Minutes
Bert Bailey, KG6MBA, Vice President
Gary Watson, K6PDL, ARES EC
John Yontz, KA6HCG, Member
Ron Morin, KK6YZU, Secretary
Austin Lesea, AB6VU, President
Bill Rose, KG6VMX, Treasurer
Penny Allen, Guest
Austin called the meeting to order at 7:06PM.
• Bill reported that the club current balance is $840.23
• Dues are due at the end of this year: $25.00 individual / $30.00 family
08 Nov16 Bert
15 Nov16 Bill
22 Nov16 John
29 Nov16 Austin
• It was discovered the AB6VS repeater batteries were dead, the repeater
and link transmitter were unplugged. Bert will go up to investigate
further next week. Expect to have AB6VS up again next week.
• KC6TYG repeater is working fine with a replaced board (Alex’s machine).
• Bert and John built shelving for the cabinet they had previously
purchased at an equipment auction.
• Bert will contact the school to obtain permission for installing cabinet,
obtain combination for the lock on the portable building, obtain alarm
code, if needed.
• Work party request - Dec. 3rd – Saturday, 10:00am, meet at the school
1. To mount the cabinet to the wall in the portable building at the
2. Route cables for antennas on roof
3. Build a platform
4. Move sandbags to the roof for antennas
ARES EC Report
• Gary will send out a separate e-mail with the minutes from the Santa Cruz County ARES Combined Meeting held Oct. 29th.
• Bert to provide upcoming discussions on: Activation, Call-up and
Incident Command System
• Also can go to the FEMA site for ICS training
• Nominations for 2017:
o President – Bert
o VP – John
o Secretary – Ron
o Treasurer – Bill
o EC – Gary
o Floating Board Member – Dave
o Past President - Austin
• Issue a new phone tree – Gary volunteered – (in process)
• Go on-line to Santa Cruz ARES site and add our contact information – All
• Write procedures for activation – Gary volunteered – (in process)
The meeting was adjourned at 08:00 PM.