Oct 06, 2016 LPARC Minutes
Bert Bailey, KG6MBA, Vice President
Gary Watson, K6PDL, ARES EC
John Yontz, KA6HCG, member
David Katinsky, N2RDT, member
Ron Morin, KK6YZU, Secretary
Austin Lesea, AB6VU, President
Bill Rose, KG6VMX, Treasurer
Penny Allen, Guest
Tom Beckmann, K6TJB, Guest
Austin called the meeting to order at 7:00PM.
Bill reported that the club current balance is $918.17
11 Oct16 Bert
18 Oct16 Gary
25 Oct16 Bill
01 Nov16 Austin
• Bert reported that the remote base between AE6KA and AB6VS repeaters works off and on.
• Bert and John went to an equipment auction and purchased a 3’ x 1 1/2” x 6’ tall equipment cabinet. Net cost was $21.00. They have put together a plan to build wooden shelves for the cabinet and will bolt the cabinets to the wall.
• Negotiated with school to route cables onto the roof, put 2 antennas on top of the building. There are 2 additional antennas that are mobile for calls.
• Now looking for tables, a printer, headphones and extension cords.
ARES EC Report
Reminder that on Oct. 14-16, the ARRL Pacific Division and the Mt. Diablo Amateur Radio Club present Pacificon 2016. This will be at the San Ramon Marriott Hotel at 2600 Bishop Drive. Go to w6sg.net/site/pacificon-2016 for the schedule and details. He highly recommends attending some or all of this 3 day event. The cost is $25 on-line / $30 at event
John and Bert are going to Pacificon on Oct. 15th for the day, have room for one or two more people in their car.
On Oct. 29th the Santa Clara Emergency Preparation Drill is scheduled to be held, go to the Santa Clara County ARES website to sign up to participate.
• Nov: gather candidate nominations for club member positions
• Dec: vote and elect candidates
• Austin will be traveling internationally and will be stepping down as President at the end of Dec.
• Bert to provide upcoming discussions on: Activation, Call-up and Incident Command System
• Also can go to the FEMA site for ICS training
• Issue a new phone tree
• Go on-line to Santa Cruz ARES site and add our contact information – All
• Write procedures for activation – Gary volunteered
The meeting was adjourned at 07:39 PM.