June 02, 2016 LPARC Minutes
Austin Lesea, AB6VU, President
Bert Bailey, KG6MBA, Vice President
Bill Rose, KG6VMX, Treasurer
Gary Watson, K6PDL, ARES EC
George Smith, AE6KE, Member
Austin called the meeting to order at 7:02PM.
Bill reported that the club current balance is $1026.47.
• Austin reported that the KC6TYG repeater is working fine.
• The AB6VS extra solar panel is installed and working fine. John mentioned that he is donating to the club the ~$130 spent by him to fund the supplies to install the new solar array on the AB6VS tower. There was also a discussion that there is no 120V AC at the AB6VS repeater shack. It is suspected that there is a problem in the 100 ft run of romex between the well and the shack.
• The AE6KE repeater is working well, as long as it does not rain.
• Bert purchased 2 antennas, 2 tripods and 2 cables and a power supply with funds contributed to the club by the Community Foundation. Bert and John setup and tested the antennas, tripods and cables and found all functional. Bill will be keeping the antennas, tripods, power supply and an Icom transceiver at his place. Bert mentioned that he and John had been looking for a cabinet to keep the hardware.
• Gary has an emergency generator that is to be used by the club in case of an event. He is having trouble getting it to start. George volunteered to help Gary to get the generator to start.
ARES EC Report
Gary talked with others in the county and decided that the club will continue to do its weekly net on Tuesdays.
Gary mentioned that he has talked to Cap Pennell. Cap suggested that the Club get in touch with Nancy Gordon at the county and find out what’s the status of the request for replacement of school equipment lost in the Loma Prieta school fire.
• Bert mentioned that he plans to give a training session on building of J-pole antennas for folks’ HTs at the August 2016 monthly meeting. Bert also plans to give training and hands on use of a SWR meter at the September 2016 meeting.
• Bert mentioned that he was interfacing with the Loma Prieta rebuild/Maintenance manager, Tom Levenhager (408-353-8632) to request space in the school outbuildings.
• Dave also mentioned that we should discuss at April 2016 meeting the idea of giving Charlie Norman an honorary life membership to the Club.
George adjourned the meeting at 0738 PM.