Dec 01, 2016 LPARC Minutes
- Bert Bailey, KG6MBA, Vice President
- Gary Watson, K6PDL, ARES EC
- John Yontz, KA6HCG, Member
- Ron Morin, KK6YZU, Secretary
- Austin Lesea, AB6VU, President
- Bill Rose, KG6VMX, Treasurer
- David Katinsky, N2RDT, Member
- Penny Allen, Member
Austin called the meeting to order at 7:05PM.
Nov. 03 meeting minutes were reviewed and approved
Bill reported that the club current balance is $840.23 + $195.00 collected in dues at the meeting for a total of $1,035.23
Dues are due at the end of this year: $25.00 individual / $30.00 family
- 06 Dec16 Bert
- 13 Dec16 Austin
- 20Dec16 Dave
- 27 Dec16 Austin (*)
- 03Jan17 John
(*) Austin may need a back-up for this date, depending on his availability
- AE6KE repeater is working fine.
- After investigating the status of AB6VS repeater, it was discovered that a mouse got inside the VXR-7000 unit and chewed through 3 critical wiring harnesses. 2 replacement harnesses have been located and the 3rd harness will need to be rebuilt from scratch. The projected repair cost is $295.00. Currently the lead time for the parts to rebuild the 3rd wiring harness is not known. The unit is with Red Dog Radios in Louisville, CO.
- At some point in the future the AB6VS repeater will be renamed to AB6VU – everyone will need to reprogram this repeater into their amateur radios. More information to come.
- Bert handed out 6 keys to the cabinet in the school building.
- Bert and John placed the cabinet in the school building and installed the 2 antennas on the roof.
- Work party request - Dec. 3rd – Saturday, 10:00am, meet at the school at the corner outside of the Gym building1.
- Route cables for antennas on roof to cabinet
- Set up a packet station and voice station
- Start storing equipment in the locked cabinet
ARES EC Report
Gary provided the existing ARES Handbook to Austin who converted it to a format that can be edited and updated.
- Bert to provide upcoming discussions on: Activation, Call-up and Incident Command System
- Bert provided a training on Digital Multimeters to the attendees
- Nominations for 2017: All positions were approved and will start their new roles starting January.
- President – Bert
- VP – John
- Secretary – Ron
- Treasurer – Bill
- EC – Gary
- Floating Board Member – Dave
- Past President – Austin
- Updating AARL Club information – Dave volunteered
- Updating Net Control script – Dave volunteered
- Issue a new phone tree – Gary volunteered – (in process)
- Editing and updating the ARES Handbook – Gary volunteered – (in process)
The meeting was adjourned at 07:47 PM.