meetingminutes‎ > ‎

2013-Jun-06 minutes

LPARC Minutes


June 6, 2013

Present:

Austin Lesea, Vice-President;  Kathi Larkin, Secretary;  Bill Rose, Treasurer; David Katinsky, Charlie Norman.

Guest:  Jeff Miller

 

Austin Lesea called the meeting to order at 7:07 pm

 

Approval of the May 2, 2013 minutes

Bill moves we approve, David seconds, approved.

 

Treasurer’s Report – Bill Rose

From last month:

$1142.34 current balance

No change.

(He wrote a check for blades and took a check for membership, but will report on that next month.)

Nets

6/11 - Austin

6/18 - Bill

6/25 – Kathi?

7/2 - David

Since we are cancelling the July 4th LPARC meeting, we will need to work out the July nets either via email or on the radio, club net nights.

t.b.d.

7/9

7/16

7/23 - county

7/30

 

Equipment

 

AB6VS

Austin bought new blades and installed for windmill on AB6VS repeater (at Charlie’s).

He also shortened the feedline and did some other fixes.  Antenna and cable working just fine now. 

 

Work to do: 

Need to re-hang antenna and feedline.  Mounting system for antenna needs improvement

 

AE6KE

They unplugged it again, but we are now up and running again

Coordination issue – NARCC application is being re-applied for.

NARCC = Northern Amateur Repeater Coordinating Council

We should ask the county if they would like to transfer responsibility for the coordination to our club.  Austin will ask Cap about this.  Let’s help take one thing off their plate, since we are responsible for this anyway.

 

KC6TYG repeater

Still down, Alex will work on it.

 

President’s Report – George is absent

N/A

 

Old Business

 

Skyland Run July 6th

 

We now have 5 volunteers.  Any who want to volunteer let David K. know.

David:  Normally we run a closed net.  Let’s run an open net, uncoordinated.

 

Field Day - June 22-23

Set up Friday

Starts 11am Saturday – 11am Sunday

K6MI = Austin

Austin will participate with his usual gang, Chews Ridge in Monterey (with internet!)

24-27 hours of continuous operation.

No repeaters, no 30meters, certain bands prohibited.

Try to make contact with North America.

 

Watsonville Field Day event?

 

Mountain Residents Night Out -  1st Tues in August

8/6 at Redwood Estates 6-8:30

Sue asked if LPARC wants to attend

George has not responded, but yes we will participate.

From Sue Piercce:

Mt. Residents Out on Tuesday, August 6th, 6-8:30 pm at the Redwood Estates Pavilion. 

Participating groups are asked to arrive by 5:30 pm to set-up and to bring a table and couple of chairs. As in the past, 2 complimentary dinner tickets will be given to each participating group.

Please let me know by June 15th. – Kathi emailed her with the YES RSVP.

 

 

LPFR BBQ

It went great!

 

Strawberry Fields

David and Jennifer worked it from here at Burrell.

Had some trouble with the transmission.  Solved by moving away from the building.

 

New Business

Welcome to the club!

Jeff Miller – new ham - KK6EWT would like to join the club and paid his dues.

 

Announcing events on the air

It was ok to announce the LPFR BBQ (501c3) Event on the air.

Best not to advertise the cost of tickets.

 

July 4th meeting is cancelled – next LPARC meeting is Thursday, August 1st.

We will fill the nets for that month via email or radio.

 

Training

Show and tell HT equipment with new member Jeff.

 

David motions to adjourn, Bill seconds, adjourned at 7:54pm

Comments