meetingminutes‎ > ‎

2011-Jan-03 minutes

David, Jennifer, Hannah, Bill, Ann, Charlie, Leon, Bob
Open at 19:06
Meeting minutes for the December meeting were read and agreed to.

Need Volunteers:    
Board Appointment for VP - still need to fill.
Board Member - Role besides four officers - unfilled positions are no appointed by the board.
Great if some would step up with Training - light exercises or training for the meetings.
Looking for a liaison to the Santa Cruz County and Santa Clara County Emergency Coordinator.

   
Bill (William) provided the Treasurer's Report:


$1807.54 balance as of today.
$  35.59 December phone bill
$ 185.00 deposit of dues

Currently 10 paid members:

Club Dues - $25.00 individual
        $30.00 family
    Due by as soon as possible.

Equipment Status
   
    Nothing to report - no news is good news. Winds have been active.

Net control operators for December
1/4    David
1/11    Bill
1/18    George (by proxy-Jennifer to back up)
1/25    Jennifer w/county net
2/1    Charlie

ARES REPORT

No information beyond what was provided by George last month.
    Santa Clara County Packet Level Part A - January 8, 2011 - in Sunnyvale.
    Santa Clara ARES website -
    Santa Cruz ARES website -
   
Old business:
    Ideas for the club going forward:
    Guest speakers at our meetings -
        Santa Clara Lookout Program -
        History of the Club Presentation
        CERT - Questions? Joint Meeting?
        Learn more about the relationship with Volunteer Fire Department and LPARC (expectations during emergency)   
    Training topics for the meetings
        Any ideas for training topics - protocol training - served agencies - shelter drill in the march time would
        the club want to participate -
        Out of area communications - NVIS type systems - Near Vertical Incident - If everything else goes...
       
    Radio direction finding antenna building party and
    Transmitter hunt - discuss in March.
        Establish a date and make it happen.
 
    Contest participation - as a club - make an effort in participating?
        Charlie presented his collection of keys - the oldest was made by Bunnell in New York.
    Community Service - Skyland Run - Fire Department and
    Existing By-Laws - still need to put out for vote.
        Will look at membership standing in February and do the needed work to wrap up the new by laws.
        Suggestion was made to provide notice via email out at least 3 days prior to the meeting so we would have the
        required time for announcement of the vote. 
New Business:
    Lifetime membership? Asked by a member. Should be considered at a future board meeting. Right now does not exist
    but the by laws would be amended.
   
    Jennifer to contact MNN to change time and date schedule for meetings. 

Training:
    No training.
    Any topics which people want to discuss for the future? Any suggests please let us know.
   

Motion to adjourn by Hannah.
Meeting closed at 20:03.

Monthly focus item - What do we have planned for this year?

Jan - Discuss of what we what to do this year.
Feb - Options for Field Day
Mar - Participation for Field Day
Apr - MNN article direct mailings for Field Day
May - Repeater work day
Jun - Field Day - last full weekend in Jun.
Jul - BBQ and Antenna Building Party
Aug - Nominating - National Night Out
Sep - Fox/Tee Hunt
Oct - Special Event - Not doing this event.
Nov - Elections
   
2011 LPARC Officers
David Katinsky - President
***vacant***- Vice President
Jennifer Katinsky - Secretary
Bill Rose - Treasurer

Comments